Monday, February 04, 2008

"Firefly"

I am waking from a dream.
I am choking on a scream.
You are trying to show me something.
But, the dark is wide and long.
The gates are closed, the CROWDS are gone.
But, you're still shimmering and leading me on.

Firefly, that's what you are.
Burning for me in my darkest hour.
Light breaks where no sun shines.
So, shine for me tonight.
Firefly.

I wait, two magnolias sweet and fresh.
Lines of poetry on my breath.
If you were here, would have you have stole away?
My inspiration is an evening star.
So, come to me wherever you are.
I will wait for you, tonight, alone in the dark.

Firefly, that's what you are.
Burning for me in my darkest hour.
Light breaks where no sun shines.
So, come as you are, my evening star.
And, shine for me, tonight.
Firefly.

Won't you come to me?
oh, won't you come to me?
So, come to me



===========================

Just a song that keeps spinning in my head the whole day. Heard it over the radio the other day, totally drawn to it.. knowing only the name of the song 'Firefly'.
Kept googling until i found the artist, 2 versions - Tori Amos' and Greta Gaines'.

Surprisingly, i couldn't find any place to download and only one person stream it online! Well, i could pay for it but unfortunately i dont have a credit card & i believe they don't import this single here either cuz ... not many people know it.

I dont know why it's stuck in my head so much - cuz the meaning of the song? the melody & the voice? or the fact that i can't have it in my player?? Probably all of the above..... so i'll just continue singing this song until i find my own Firefly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I did a lyrics search the song and came across your blog. I'm glad I could help you find your Firefly :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I have that song Firefly if you want it. Email me @ birdhunter25 at hotmail dot com. Got messenger? I will hook ya up on there. Hope to hear from you soon!


Chris

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)