Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Throwing away my memories??

After partially moving back for a while, i now officially move out of MC house and am back home!! So much memories in that house...all those precious times... will definitely miss it (startin to miss it already) and the fun of having housemates..and all the parties!! Althou i wont miss much of the times i have to clean up that house and all the mess people left around :p

It's quite relaxing and boring at the same time to be back home... thats how boring life is without AIESEC! Need to go out more and find some random jobs to do for now, i think.

Anyway, so back home...with all the stuffs i carried from MC house...i found out i just had too many documents/random stuffs on my desk (and on the sides and under it), i was quite convinced that a rat could be trapped and found dead in that pile of stuffs on my desk; so time to clean up!!

Took me two days to finally finish cleaning up and organize my desk (like 2-3 hours/day) cuz i tend to take 10 minutes break every 5 mins of work.
Most of the things there were books, notebooks from my school years, tons of AIESEC documents, postcards/letters/souvernirs, random brochures, movies tickets that i collect, random notes and my partly used organizers.

As i went through all the stuffs, all the past memories just flooded me;
- Lectures i took back in highschool and university...i actually studies and took notes! My handwriting never improves :) Couldn't even remember half of what i studies :p
- Small notes i took randomly everywhere; just another proof of my randomness
- AIESEC documents back in 2002; LC planning, strategies discussions, country meetings notes, project evaluation...exchange related stuffs... conference materials... many many things that reminded me of my AIESEC experiences
- Travel guidebooks, booklets, maps of all countries/cities i visited during AIESEC years.
- Sugarcubes of almost all conferences; good times with good friends :)
>>> No wonder why my desk was in sucha mess!!!


Couldn't help but smile with all the memories that they reminded me of, but since i didn't have much space left on my desk/in the house i need to throw away most of them! It was quite hard to throw some out (thats why they were there til now) but with scary scene of my desk and how dirty it looked and i know i would never go back read most of them anyway, so decision was made - to throw most of them out > sell them /reuse some and keep some that precious to me :) SO it's now more organized and much cleaner!! But it felt like i was throwing some of my memories away (especially the notes).... and i could never bring it back again..... or not?

My notes on Criminal Law / APLDS in Korea 2003!

NLDS 2004 in Malaysia (i was OC) / APXLDS 2005 in Bangladesh (nothing left from APLDS 2004 in Taiwan)
IC 2005 in India / IC 2006 in Poland / IPM 2007 in Egypt!

Finally an organized (and somewhat clean) desk!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
It's Henry, the landscape architect you met in Selcuk. It was great to meet you! (Sorry for my sudden reserve; will explain) Great to hear you got home o.k.!
Please mail to me at princehal92 at hotmail.

Anonymous said...

Ι love it whenever peoplе come together and share thoughtѕ.
Grеat blog, continue the good ωοrk!



Lοok at my webѕite: dallas tx seo